Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School is in Session


Tomorrow marks the first day of school. As a teacher, I've always had first-day jitters about starting another school year but this year is different. For starters, I have a few remaining weeks of maternity leave that I'm desperately clinging to, so I won't be returning to work with my colleagues just yet. More significantly, though, my oldest child Winston is starting Kindergarten. Yikes. He's completely excited about it. His mother, on the other hand, is doing her best to let go--though she did sigh with relief when he asked to hold her hand this evening a the school's open house. : ) So whether you've got children returning to school tomorrow or not, let's all remember what it's like to experience those new beginnings and relish the thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment