Saturday, May 14, 2011

{A Vintage Birthday}

For Laela's first birthday I wanted the soft, comforting look of vintage baby to warm the rooms, so I dug out my many treasures gathered over the years and paired them with soft pastels banners and poms poms.  It created a soft, comforting atmosphere for the party and stirred many memories among the guests.  I know normally I post pictures of clients and such, but I thought what a good way to show you all how much fun it can be photographing a party!  Enjoy!


The living room where we opened presents and played games.

I used a vintage cradle to hold the party favors for guests: Little Golden Books inscribed with party information.

I sewed the banners using scrapbooking paper and cotton pom poms from JoAnn Fabrics--boy, I love that store!  I displayed the scrapbook of Laela's first year on the mantel next to her birth picture.

I placed vintage toys throughout the house--even in the guest bath!  It really created such a nice atmosphere.



 These delightful little cakes were a splurge from Manderfield's Bakery--yum!!

 The cupcakes I made myself.  I bought a frosting kit at JoAnn fabrics and worked a little magic.  They look so much fancier than what they are--Martha would be so proud!

I tied balloons to a vintage toy to welcome guests at the front door.
 Tissue paper poms poms made by yours truly--an easy Martha Stewart tutorial can be found here http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to

 I placed the cakes and other treats on my vintage dishes: Jadite and blue Fire King.

 The birthday girl's special hair piece, all ready for the party!

The children sure had fun playing Duck-Duck-Goose and Pin the Tail on the Donkey.  Even the birthday girl joined in the fun!




 I used an old window to display Laela's cake smashing pictures.  A flower frog holds a vintage postcard my mother had as a child.  A jadite cakestand displays a vintage kewpie doll from etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kookykrafts?ref=pr_shop

No comments:

Post a Comment